Test plan example
The sort program is to be tested to meet the following requirements:
- It is required to write a program that inputs a sequence of integers and outputs the integers in this sequence sorted in either ascending or descending order. The order of the output sequence is determined by an input request character which should be "A" when an ascending sequence is desired, and "D" otherwise. While providing input to the program, the request character is entered first followed by the sequence of integers to be sorted; the sequence is terminated with a period.
Specifically, the following needs to be done:
- Execute the program on at least two input sequences, one with "A" and the other with "D" as request characters.
- Execute the program on an empty input sequence.
- Test the program for robustness against erroneous inputs such as "R" typed in as the request character.
- All failures of the test program should be recorded in a suitable file using the Company Failure Report Form.
- <bib>mathur:2008, 19</bib>